SOS's primary call is to be a Ministry of Presence not a Ministry of Presents Our primary focus is first to develop long term relationship of mutual trust and respect with the indigenous Maya and then respond to their identified needs when possible.
online donations... Sending Out Servants (SOS)
SOS's sole source of funding is from the generosity of individual donors. SOS's administrative costs are less than 3%. Over 97% goes directly to benefit the Maya communities in Guatemala.
To become a Supporter of SOS and/or regular online donation...
Financial support is needed in these areas:
• To help sustain the ongoing work of SOS in its efforts to bring hope to the indigenous Maya for a better quality of life.
• To make concrete improvements in the lives of the Maya through our SOS Assistance Programs. Funds for these ongoing programs have made it possible to:
• provide the materials to build eficient and safe wood-burning stoves
• buy prescription eye glasses
• cover the costs of cataract surgeries for rural Maya communities
• finance medical missions to rural areas in Quiché
• finance a last resource medical program for the poor
• support community development programs
• finance a pastoral training program for the Diocese of Quiché
• and many other community assistance programs
other ways to
To send a donation by mail or fax, please open a donation form with this link and mail it to:
Sending Out Servants (SOS)
P.O. Box #11293
or send us a fax to:
(Thank You in Maya-Quiché)
• To strengthen and build community within the host country as we help them reach their expressed goals.
• To promote self-reliance and independence amongst members of the host country by teaching them to teach each other and by never doing for them what they are able to do for themselves.